Incase any of our pet loving visitors missed the RSPCA Good Business Awards we thought we would give the winners a quick mention on our blog!
From high-street chain stores to small companies, restaurants to publicans the RSPCA Awards reflect good animal welfare from the companies against a strict list of criteria set out by the independent panel of industry experts.
The Award winners for 2009 were;
- The Co-operative (RSPCA People’s Choice award)
- George at Asda (Large Fashion company)
- Neon Collective (Small Fashion company)
- Lush (Large Cosmetics Company)
- The Gamrie Goat (Small Cosmetics Company)
- Restaurant Alimentum (Independent Restaurant)
- The Duke of Cambridge (Pub)
- Edge & Son (Independent Food Retailer)
In addition, McDonald’s, Abel & Cole, Sainsbury’s, The Feathers Inn, Bulldog, Marks and Spencer, New Look and Finisterre were also recognised for an ongoing commitment to animal welfare.
Congratulations to the winners, it’s great to see a mix of large companies and independents picking up the recognition for their efforts, let’s hope they all continue to raise the profile and awareness of animal welfare in the UK!